Wednesday, August 12, 2015

cloning experiment plans for the winter

I have not had good luck with my gardening this year. as a result  I may not get any sort of yield from my few surviving plants. I was contemplating what would be a good way to utilize the survivors so that they don't go to waste when the weather turns colder.

I came up with the idea of systematically pruning the plants to encourage a strong stem and using the pruning to populate an indoor garden with the cuttings. there are a vast number of way you can stop your plants from blooming and inevitably dieing after they are spent. It should make for an interesting experiment even if it is a complete failure.

at worst I may have a crop of semi strong plants by spring and at best I will have a strong crop of plants that will yield massive amounts without the waiting period of starting from seeds and maturation. the worst thing that could happen is I have to start over next spring, but I'm going to have to do that anyways when the plants bloom and die off.

All things in the name of research I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment